Friday, July 27, 2012

Medical Update

I think I have kicked the infection out once and for all.  Two antibiotics, steroids, fluids, treatments.  It worked once again, even through some scary nights of coughing.  I pushed fluids to thin secretions and now I have too much fluid on board. Ugh.  That's what I am working on now and for the next few days at least. Breathing and sleeping easier are at stake.

Next week one of my old favorite respiratory therapists will be coming to help devise a plan to keep me from getting a trache just yet.  I hope to set up a vent I can sip and puff off of during the day via mouthpiece. I could use that by day and my current system by night.  I've had this nighttime facemask on with the vent for so long, it is driving me crazy.

The silver lining is that I'll have a lot of time to watch the Olympics!

Fortunately I have been able to keep my strength and not lose anymore weight.  I need to focus on my respiratory issues for now while I continue to educate myself about feedings.


No comments:

Post a Comment